Business Consultation and Business Law
Chicago Area Business Attorney and Government Contract Consultant
Small and medium-sized businesses face certain hurdles in the marketplace; among them, the lack of an in-house attorney to provide legal advice and guidance. This puts you at a significant disadvantage. But this disadvantage can be overcome by working with an experienced business lawyer who understands your goals and needs.
I’m attorney and business consultant Jim Rome. I provide legal and consultative services to businesses across Illinois, and the nation. To learn more about my approach to business consulting and legal assistance/services, and how I can help your firm grow, contact my Wilmette law office to schedule a consultation.
The process of government contracting is my area of expertise. I assist businesses with the full range of issues encountered in the process of securing and fulfilling government contracts. I know the processes and procedures for all types of businesses. For example, certain activities are reserved for minority-owned or disadvantaged business, and I can help you strategize in order to take full advantage of available opportunities.
- Identifying Bid Opportunities: With literally thousands of government units buying goods and services, finding the right opportunity for your business can be a challenge. I can identify bid opportunities for your business and advise you on strategies to undertake as you seek future business.
- Bid Preparation: I assist clients in obtaining and completing bid documents and in preparing bids that will be accurate, complete and timely submitted.
- Contract Performance: Governmental units are exacting in their requirements. To be successful in government contracting, it’s vital to understand your responsibilities.
- Financing and Financial Reporting: Working under a government contract may require a substantial initial outlay of funds. I can help your bank understand how they can finance government contracts in accordance with security requirements they are accustomed to. I can also educate your staff on the financial reporting needs of government agencies.
- Contract Compliance: If you have run into problems complying with the scope of service, reporting, or financial requirements of your contract, I can assist you in negotiations with your government funder or advise you on steps to get back into compliance.
- Protests and Claims: If you have encountered problems with the bid process, or with the failure of a government unit to follow through on its end of a contract, my substantial experience with the process, and the rules and regulations which govern it, will be particularly valuable.
Business Law and Commercial Litigation
As a business lawyer, I assist businesses and entrepreneurs in all phases of organizational growth and development, from business formation to merger or sale of a business:
- Business Organization and Entity Selection and start-up of a new business
- Due Diligence Review if your company is considering a merger or acquisition
- Transactional Services for day-to-day business dealings
- Commercial Litigation
I’m here to help your business grow. Contact my Wilmette, Illinois law office or call 847.906.3540 to schedule a consultation. Your time is valuable. I will meet you at your office, home, or another location convenient to you.